Adoption Party

I figured it was time I shared with those who couldn't be at Saiyeh's adoption celebration. We were so pleased with how it all turned out. What made the party so special was all the friends and family who were able to celebrate with us. Saiyeh was thrilled with how many people came to celebrate with her. Saiyeh and I organized a small program. She played and sang "We are Australian" and "Through it all" She wrote her own words for the second verse..

"Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord
For giving me a family, who loves me very much
He is good, He is good
For answering the prayers of my heart"

I put together a slide show and then Melanie shared what Saiyeh meant to her and if anyone else wanted to share something about Saiyeh. She did this in Spanish and then translated to English. Virgy and Nabo each shared about how God blended the Crosscombe and Rosario family. This whole thing has not been easy for Nabo, but she remained firm in her decision because she knew it was what God wanted for Saiyeh. It is an example and demonstration of Nabo's love for Saiyeh! It was very moving and many people were blessed by what they shared. Saiyeh also had three of her teachers who came and said beautiful things about her. Saiyeh was so blessed and encouraged by everything that was said about her, she was bursting to say thanks at the end.

It was a great day! I would like to one day post a video clip of the day for those of you who couldn't make it. Until I can figure out how to do that, here are a few photos...

Virgy and Nabo